JBrowse is a Web 2.0 genome browser that features:
- Client side rendering, and very fast rendering at that.
- As a consequence it has very low server disk space, server CPU, security and network bandwidth requirements.
- An interface that is entirely AJAX based. Everything is done with AJAX.
- GFF3, Chado and/or Wiggle track compatibility
- JSON based configuration files (very similar to GBrowse config files in their content)
- Easy embedding in other web applications (an example of embedding a genome browser in a wiki is provided)
JBrowse features smooth panning, zooming, navigation, and track selection and sets a new standard for the genome browser interface.