Keep up with GMOD papers and contribute your own in the GMOD group on Mendeley
- Applications Open for GMOD Online Training
- Canto Workshop at Biocuration 2014
- Tripal 2.0a released
- Precompiled Ontologies in Chado
- GCC2014 Registration is Open
- GMOD Paper Cuts, Feb 10th, 2014
- Galaxy Australasia Workshop 2014
- GMOD Paper Cuts, Jan 24th, 2014
- Postdoc Position in Computational and Plant Evolutionary Biology
- Prospecting for Proposals for GSoC 2014
Welcome to the Generic Model Organism Database project, a collection of open source software tools for managing, visualising, storing, and disseminating genetic and genomic data.
Read the GMOD overview for the big picture, or visit GMOD Components for a comprehensive list of GMOD tools. If GMOD looks promising for your needs, consider attending the next GMOD community meeting.
GMOD support is available from several different sources. Support introduces each support option (this web site, GMOD Mailing Lists, Training and Outreach activities (including GMOD Schools), and the GMOD Help Desk) and offers guidance on which one is the most appropriate for your question.
As an open source project GMOD relies on the donation of time and software by groups and individuals. Contribution of new tools, adoption of existing ones, and improving the documentation are all welcome. Existing and potential users are encouraged to provide feedback via mailing lists or the help desk. You can also attend project meetings.
Popular GMOD Tools
See the full list of GMOD components