This page is about creating annotations. GMOD also has a number of solutions for visualizing annotations.
Manual Genome Annotation
- Apollo is the manual genome annotation tool of choice for GMOD users.
Computational Genome Annotation
First line of the MAKER paper.
- MAKER is a pipeline for annotating eukayotic genomic data.
- DIYA is a pipeline for annotation prokaryotic genomic data.
- Ergatis is a web-based utility for creating and running reusable computational analysis pipelines.
- Galaxy allows users to search remote resources, combine data from independent queries, and visualize/save the results.
- Genome grid project is a package of genome data analysis with methods, protocols, and documentation.
- Textpresso is a text mining package for biological literature.
Community annotation is an area of growing interest to the GMOD community.