About this FAQ
What is this FAQ?
- It is the list of Frequently Asked Questions about the Chado Mage module.
How is it maintained?
- It is now maintained as a Wiki on this site. You can help maintain it by adding questions and answers.
Is there other documentation?
What happened to the Rad module?
- It has been renamed Mage, this module.
What should be done with experiments with multiple arrays per sample?
- Examples: genome tiling experiments, or multiple samples per array (Agilent and Illumina arrays).
- There is a many-to-many between samples and hybridizations using the assay_biomaterial table. You assign your sample channel using the assay_biomaterial.channel attribute for a multi-channel array. Each tiling array hybridization in a tiling set would be considered a separate assay, and each would have a different assay.arraydesign_id.
How do you store files containing raw data?
- Use acquisition.uri to point to the file outside the database, in the file system.
How can one trace the biomaterials back to get a sense of the level of technical and/or biological replication?
- Use the experiment, factor, and treatment tables.