GSOC Applications Guide
We would like to know who you are and how you think.
Here's the steps to help you get started:
- Choose an organization to work with.
- Start communicating with the developers.
Please consider adding the following into your application:
- Your information
- Name, email, and website (optional)
- Brief background: education and relevant work experience
- Your programming interests and strengths
- What are your languages of choice?
- Any prior experience with open source development?
- Your interest and background in biology or bioinformatics
- Any prior exposure to biology or bioinformatics?
- Your ideas for a project (an original idea or one expanded from our Ideas Page)
- Provide as much detail as possible
- Strong applicants include an implementation plan and timeline (hint!)
- Refer to and link to other projects or products that illustrate your ideas
- Identify possible hurdles and questions that will require more research/planning
- What can you bring to the team?
- You must be at least 18 years of age.
- You must be a full or part-time student at an accredited university.
- You must be eligible to work in the country you will reside in during the program.
- You have not already been accepted as a Student in GSoC more than once.
- You must reside in a country that is not currently embargoed by the United States. See Program Rules for more information.