- Mature release
- Development: inactive
- Support: active
Apollo is a GUI [graphical user interface]-based tool for editing genome annotations. Like GBrowse, Apollo allows users to scroll and zoom in on areas of interest in a sequence; authorized users can edit annotations and write the changes back to the underlying database. Apollo can run off GFF3 or a Chado database, and it can also integrate with remote services, such as BLAST and Primer BLAST analyses. Apollo is a standalone Java application.
Visit the Apollo website.
- Apollo executables for several platforms (Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, Solaris and generic Unix) are available from the Apollo web site.
- The Apollo source code (only needed if you plan to modify Apollo) is available from SourceForge via SVN.
- The source code for Apollo can be downloaded from https://sourceforge.net/projects/gmod/files/Apollo/.
A comprehensive guide to installing and using Apollo is available from the Apollo user guide.
Apollo requires JDK 1.5 or higher.
Installation instructions are available from the Apollo website.
Publications, Tutorials, and Presentations
Publications on or mentioning Apollo
- Apollo: a community resource for genome annotation editing. PMID:19439563 
- Apollo: a sequence annotation editor. PMID:12537571  PDF
- Apollo Tutorial 2011
- The Apollo session from the 2011 GMOD Spring Training
- Apollo Tutorial 2010
- The Apollo session from the 2010 GMOD Summer School - Americas.
- Apollo tutorials at the Dynamic Gene web site.
- Flash based tutorials on how to use Apollo, using rice as an example. Sections of particular interest are
- Apollo user guide
- The current user guide, which has comprehensive instructions for installation and usage of Apollo.
- Community Annotation at ParameciumDB - Linda Sperling's presentation on ParameciumDB's Community Annotation process at the November 2007 GMOD Meeting.
- Progress Report - from May 2005 GMOD Meeting
- Future Plans - from April 2004 GMOD Meeting
- Progress Report - from September 2003 GMOD Meeting
- Progress Report - from May 2003 GMOD Meeting
Contacts and Mailing Lists
|Mailing List Link||Description||Archive(s)|
|Apollo||apollo||Apollo mailing list||Gmane (2008/04-2010/10), Nabble (2010/05+)|
|gmod-apollo-cmts||Apollo code updates.|
Please submit bug reports to the Apollo bug tracker at Sourceforge.
Active development of Apollo has ceased; the focus has shifted to WebApollo, a web-based version of the tool.
More on Apollo
- ↑ , , , , and . Apollo: a community resource for genome annotation editing. Bioinformatics 2009 25:1836-7.
DOI:10.1093/bioinformatics/btp314 PMCID:PMC2705230 PMID:19439563
- ↑ et al. Apollo: a sequence annotation editor. Genome Biol. 2002 3:RESEARCH0082.
Raw tool data at Apollo/tool data