News/Opening at Dow AgroSciences
Dow AgroSciences has a short term contract position available for someone with GMOD experience. The candidate proposed here will be responsible for three main tasks and several secondary ones:
- Install the open source software components for the Chado database, data loaders, and genome browser.
- Deploy the GBrowse genome browser in a centralized location in our intranet, which can be used by Dow AgroSciences scientists across functions.
- Test the system by performing preprocess (e.g annotate, perform alignments) and upload whole-genome data from Arabidopsis.
- Link the genome browser to Dow AgroSciences major internal databases, such as Variety, markerDB, QTL locate, and microarray database.
- Provide integration tests to ensure the transparency of the data among the different systems.
- Present to other Dow AgroSciences scientists to raise awareness of capability.
- Complete written documentation of project development, implementation, and continued maintenance.
Interested candidates please send a resume to Mindi Dippold at email@example.com.