Hackathon 2007 info
GMOD Hackathon 2007
Hosted at Northwestern University in lovely Chicago, IL on August 23-24.
- Hotel and travel suggestions
- Location at the university (building/room)
- start times
- other logistics (for example, sharing rides to/from airports)
While definitive goals have not been established yet, here are some possiblities. Please feel free to add more.
- Improving Apollo-Chado round tripping (documentation, examples, tutorials, configuration files, installation procedures, etc)
- Beginning work on Apollo-Ensembl round tripping
- Merging the ClassDBI classes the ModWare and GMODWeb use (Chado::AutoDBO and Turnkey::AutoDBI)
- Giving a small MOD a 'GMOD make over'
- Work on perl XML::DOM tools from writing ChadoXML
- Building VMware instances for distribution
- Rebuilding RPM packages for updated GMOD software
- Polishing a gmod 0.5 release
After this list has matured a little longer, I can put a poll on the gmod blog site (http://blog.gmod.org/) which has nice utilities for polls, just to get a feeling for what the community thinks.