GMOD - Getting Started
GMOD is a large project with many components and this page aims to give you some pointers on where you can start.
- Overview is a broad introduction, that does not assume any prior knowledge of computing. This is an excellent place to start.
- GMOD Components is a complete list of the components in GMOD. This list can appear daunting, but it gives you a good idea of what sorts of things are available from GMOD.
- ParameciumDB describes how ParameciumDB implemented GMOD at their web site.
- Getting Started with Chado discusses GMOD's relational database schema. Chado is useful for organizing your data and is also integrated with several other GMOD components.
- Computing Requirements discusses what sort of computing support you will need to install and run GMOD components.
If you need advice or help you can write to one of a number of GMOD mailing lists, these tend to focus on more technical aspects. Another good resource is the GMOD Help Desk - feel free to write them with questions on any type, they are tasked with providing support to newcomers and experts alike.
See Support for more information.